Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Goodreads

J.B. McGee's books on Goodreads
Broken Broken (This Trilogy, #1)
reviews: 153
ratings: 906 (avg rating 3.74)

Mending Mending (This Trilogy, #2)
reviews: 112
ratings: 695 (avg rating 4.22)

Forgiven Forgiven (This Trilogy #3)
reviews: 2
ratings: 2 (avg rating 3.50)

Conspiring Conspiring (This Trilogy 2.5)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Note from me to you...

*Click the picture to see the larger version*

Okay, I suppose the cat's out of the bag now. I've debated long and hard about whether to post this, or not. But since the reviews are coming out, I felt like a response from me (an explanation) might be a good thing. It may also be career suicide. Who knows?

I was led to write something different than I usually write. I think I've mentioned that it's different many times, but was never specific how. I was scared to just come out and say, "Hey erotica lovers, I wrote a book with zero sex in it. Please go buy it." I wanted my words and my book to be able to stand on their own. I wanted people to be pleasantly surprised. I didn't want the sex to take away from the emotion that Alex felt. It's also a book about my grandparents. I wanted to know that I could sell it in the back of their (or anyone else's) church and it be something they'd be proud of. There are so many reasons why I did the book the way I did. I knew there would probably be backlash, and I expect it. Sometimes doing the right thing in your heart isn't always the popular thing. 

Now, before you go put it on your 'do not read' shelves because there's no hot sex in it, please read this review. Let's face it, do people really read my books for the sex anyway? 

I hope you'll help Skipping Stones reach others. The message is an important one, at least to me it is. When I started, yes, I wanted to hit New York Times or USA Today just like anyone else. Yes, I'd love to see it in stores (and the dreamer in me thinks about the movie all the time). But this book is not about the money or an accolade. It became so much more than that for me. So please know whatever happens with it, I'm good. I appreciate your support, and will always do my best to deliver a quality book regardless of the genre.


0 comments:

Followers

Twitter