Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Goodreads

J.B. McGee's books on Goodreads
Broken Broken (This Trilogy, #1)
reviews: 153
ratings: 906 (avg rating 3.74)

Mending Mending (This Trilogy, #2)
reviews: 112
ratings: 695 (avg rating 4.22)

Forgiven Forgiven (This Trilogy #3)
reviews: 2
ratings: 2 (avg rating 3.50)

Conspiring Conspiring (This Trilogy 2.5)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Thursday, February 14, 2013

First Forgiven Snippet

As promised for 1750 fans on Facebook!!  Please know this is a rough draft and subject to change.  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.



She’s beyond adorable when she’s sleepy and grumpy.  “Hmph, c’mon, I want to go to breakfast with my fiance.  Not lunch.”  As she rolls over into my arms, my breath catches at how gorgeous she is.  And she’s mine.

“Say it again,” she says, her voice cracking from having just woken up.

I brush her hair away from her face and kiss her forehead.  I can’t help but stare at her for a moment longer, gazing into her hazel eyes, connecting with her soul.  “Say what?”

“Fiance.”

I know I must be grinning like a schoolboy.  Never knew that would sound so good.  “You like hearing that, huh?”

She blinks slowly at me, batting those long eyelashes, wiggling her body a little closer to mine.  She drapes her leg over mine and smiles.  “I thought I was dreaming.  I need to hear it.”

“Not dreaming, Gabby.”  I reach down and pull her left hand up to my lips.  I kiss the ring I placed on her finger yesterday.  She has no idea how badly I want her right now.  Not just because hearing that word ignited a fire within me, but because we’re naked.  She’s killing me.  “I love that this is the only thing you’re wearing right now.”

She rolls her eyes, nudging me.  “You’re not going to say it again for me?  What if I beg?” She bats those lashes and gives me this sexy pouty look.  It only makes my situation worse.

I had every intention of saying it again, I have every intention of saying it again.  I just couldn’t resist telling her that I prefer her with my ring on her finger and nothing else.  But more than anything, I love what that ring symbolizes.  I close my eyes and huskily whisper, “Gabby, you have my mind, my body, my soul, and you are my heart.  You are my fiance, and I love you more than anything on this earth.”  As I say those words, it’s like my heart is exploding with elation.  It’s such a foreign, but welcome feeling.  I peer into her eyes, hoping she’ll feel the connection that I do.  That she’ll know how much I mean what I’m saying, they aren’t just words.  “I didn’t even know that this was even possible for me.  If it’s a dream...” I shake my head.  “Then, I don’t wanna ever wake up.”

5 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! love it!! more please!!! can't wait for this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it!! Can't freaken wait for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I'm so glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Twitter