Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Goodreads

J.B. McGee's books on Goodreads
Broken Broken (This Trilogy, #1)
reviews: 153
ratings: 906 (avg rating 3.74)

Mending Mending (This Trilogy, #2)
reviews: 112
ratings: 695 (avg rating 4.22)

Forgiven Forgiven (This Trilogy #3)
reviews: 2
ratings: 2 (avg rating 3.50)

Conspiring Conspiring (This Trilogy 2.5)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Forgiven Excerpt

I am so sorry that this didn't get to Book Crush in time.  I am posting it here temporarily since I posted it was available until it gets on her blog.

Enjoy! (Rough draft and subject to change.)




Part of me wishes I gone ahead and withdrawn from the semester after Christmas break when I requested my transfer. I could have moved to Atlanta while I waited. If I had not been able to transfer for the spring semester, I could have used that time to plan the wedding.

Now, just thinking about everything I have to do makes me overwhelmed. We’re officially moving me to Atlanta this weekend. It’s all bittersweet. I'll be even farther away from my sister, my only real family. I know Sam is considering transferring to Emory at the end of the semester, which makes me hopeful that losing the distance with Bradley won't mean that I'm sacrificing precious time with her. Though the end of the semester is still a long way away, I have hope it will all work out for the best.

Then there’s the wedding. We’ve yet to set a date. He doesn’t believe me when I say I’d be content eloping, but I would be. I just want to be able to be with him in every way. The waiting is killing me, and I worry that his patience is running out. He says it's not, but I've been there, and done that before with Ian.

Ugh at Ian entering my thoughts again. He seems to be on my mind far too frequently. It infuriates me that he's found yet another way to hurt me. It's hard for my brain to believe that all of the things he said to me in my apartment were lies. While this weekend seems so long ago, the hurt is still so raw. I wasn't happy to see him at first. I was definitely speculative, but I have realized that I really wanted to believe him. Worst of all, I enjoyed him to some extent. That makes me feel so guilty.

Shaking my head, I remind myself that I need to prepare myself for the possibility, even though it sickens me, that it’s his; that the baby is Bradley’s. We have no proof that Ian and Veronica were scheming behind our backs. Stop it Gabby. Don't go there. I swallow the doubt that is creeping into my mind. I trust Bradley. I have to believe that he's right, and that this is all going to be okay.

All of this makes me kick myself. Because I know that had I taken time off from school, at the very least, we would have had more time to settle into this new life together. We certainly wouldn't need to be in two different cars right now. I sigh. The timing is absolute crap.

0 comments:

Followers

Twitter