Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Goodreads

J.B. McGee's books on Goodreads
Broken Broken (This Trilogy, #1)
reviews: 153
ratings: 906 (avg rating 3.74)

Mending Mending (This Trilogy, #2)
reviews: 112
ratings: 695 (avg rating 4.22)

Forgiven Forgiven (This Trilogy #3)
reviews: 2
ratings: 2 (avg rating 3.50)

Conspiring Conspiring (This Trilogy 2.5)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Next Big Thing



Fellow Author, JL Mac tagged me for The Next Big Thing where you chat about what you're working on. Thanks to JL for including me! Check out what I've been working on.

What is the working title of your book?

I just published Mending. I can't yet reveal the title of my next book. It's a surprise. :)

Where did the idea come from for the book?

Mending is the sequel to Broken and the second book of the This Trilogy. While I had a general idea of where I wanted to go in Mending after I finished Broken, the twists and turns that come in Mending came to me one day on my way to the library to write. I just had a moment where all of these thoughts flooded my brain. It was definitely an "ah ha" moment. I couldn't wait to get inside and at least jot down in my notebook where I wanted things to go with the plot.

Most of the rest of the ideas for scenes and things were just made up out of thin air. I just kept trying to think of how I could keep my reader interested and surprised.

There were a few scenes that beta readers told me I needed to strengthen. I would have never thought of doing what they suggested. But, when I heard the idea I knew I had to take it and run with it. Those scenes turned out to be some of my favorites.

What genre does your book fall under?

Contemporary Romance

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Gabby has finally started to break down the walls she has worked so hard to build up from all of the heartache she has felt through the years, just as ghosts from Bradley's past begin to show themselves.

Will your book be self-published?

Yes

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I actually didn't count this time. I think it was around 40 days.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Hmm, I don't particularly like to compare. I found Gabriel's Inferno inspiring.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Ultimately, it was Fifty Shades of Grey that got me reading again. That led me to other books and there are several that helped me get the idea to write my books. I find a lot of inspiration through music and past events in my life. It's fun to twist things around and just play make believe.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

The book goes between the past and the present. The past lets you see how they got to the present situation. I love writing like this because I think it gives the reader so much more background information on the characters and why they are the way they are. I also love writing from multiple character's points of view. So, you don't just get insight into one person, you get multiple takes. Head over to www.goodreads.com and add
Broken
Mending
and Forgiven
to your to-read list.

Follow me on Twitter

Find me on Facebook

*A side note* Every one look out for the release of Lauren Blakely's book CAUGHT UP IN US expected January 2013. Check out her Blog at http://laurenblakelybooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-next-big-thing.html

And now I tag AC Marchman. Her novel, Overwhelm Me, the second part of the This trilogy is fresh on Amazon and Smashwords RIGHT NOW! Go get it. Go AC!

0 comments:

Followers

Twitter