Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Goodreads

J.B. McGee's books on Goodreads
Broken Broken (This Trilogy, #1)
reviews: 153
ratings: 906 (avg rating 3.74)

Mending Mending (This Trilogy, #2)
reviews: 112
ratings: 695 (avg rating 4.22)

Forgiven Forgiven (This Trilogy #3)
reviews: 2
ratings: 2 (avg rating 3.50)

Conspiring Conspiring (This Trilogy 2.5)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Friday, December 7, 2012

Review: Overwhelm Me

Overwhelm Me Overwhelm Me by A.C. Marchman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had the pleasure of being a beta reader for this AC Marchman's debut novel, Overwhelm Me. It's the first book of the Callahan Series. It's not often that a book can captivate me in the first few pages. I usually dread the first chapter of a book while I'm being fed loads of background information. But, Overwhelm Me captivated me from the very start. I could definitely relate to Allie. She is an overall likable character. She's had some bad experiences in her life, but she doesn't allow those to hold her back from reaching her dreams. She has devoted her life to helping others. After running late to a major final exam, she literally runs into Donovan Callahan. He's gorgeous, charming, and the chemistry is immediately equivalent to the pull of gravity. So flustered and LATE to her exam, she rushes away from him completely forgetting to find out who he is. A chance happening puts her in his arms again and they get to know each other better. Turns out that Allie isn't the only one with skeletons in the closet. Will they be able to get through their baggage together or will it drive them apart? I loved Overwhelm Me. I couldn't put it down and let me just say that AC can most certainly write some hot steamy smexy scenes. Add this book to your TBR shelf and buy it up when you get the chance on 12/31/2012. You will not be disappointed.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Followers

Twitter